The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the establishment and maintenance of the compensation function for both field and corporate employees within RaceTrac. This individual will help support the organization’s compensation infrastructure by providing the necessary analytics and compensation metrics needed to support organizational objectives.
· Aid in the establishment and maintenance of RaceTrac’s compensation philosophy and architecture, including but not limited to creating and maintaining job profiles & job grading and supporting and executing on formalized job progression structure.
· Support the enhancement of store associate pay programs based on competitive benchmarking and industry standards.
· Administer the annual compensation and incentive processes to include planning, updating guidelines and tools, system testing, preparing communication materials and consulting with HR business partners and management on the process and recommendations.
· Research projected salary increases each year and provides insight into the salary budget proposal.
· Lead participation in salary surveys as well as collecting and analyzing salary information to help determine our competitive positioning in the market.
· Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges.
· Partner with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Hiring Managers to evaluate job duties and responsibilities for new positions and provide benchmarking information and recommendations.
· Support in the preparation of presentations and data analysis for Board and Senior Leadership Team meetings.
· Ensure compliance with compensation laws and regulations while staying up to date with current and upcoming competitive market trends in our industry.
· Assist with ad-hoc analytical projects involving large amounts of data, identifying key themes, and highlighting areas of opportunity.
· Leverage system functionality and optimize capabilities within the compensation modules of the company’s human capital management system (Workday).
· Analyze data and processes and provides suggestions for enhancement to current plans and programs.
· Conduct FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) analyses and makes recommendations for the FLSA status for new and existing positions.
· Liaise with Finance and Payroll on compensation administration when appropriate.
· Provide ad-hoc market data information to leaders upon request.
Work Experience / Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University or equivalent experience
· MS Office Suite, with proficient Excel knowledge required.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience working with broad-based compensation programs (base/bonus/equity), pay for performance, benchmarking/market data, job evaluation, etc. required.
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Professional Human Resources or Compensation certification a plus (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR,
· PHR, CCP, CBP, etc.).
· Experience with compensation management in an enterprise wide HCM; Workday preferred.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data; demonstrated experience performing complex reporting and analysis.
· Strong collaboration skills.
· Ability to use sound judgement and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Highly organized, with strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and focus on priorities.
· Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
· Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
· Comfortable working quickly and efficiently in a flexible, rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment.
· Ownership mentality: committed to getting the job done no matter what issues arise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org