Website Norfolk Southern
Provides high-level analytical support and assists the Compensation department in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs for Norfolk Southern’s management employees. This includes executive and management programs, as well as short-term and long-term incentives, merit increases, market pay data analysis, and employee recognition.
• Responsible for the completion and submission of compensation surveys, analysis of results and
recommendations for market pay adjustments
• Under general supervision and based on compensation policies, review and provide thoughtful recommendations to Human Resource Business Partners and departments on compensation-related issues, such as new hire offers, market adjustments, promotions, and managing compensation exceptions, utilizing best practices in compensation
• Researches and analyzes market trends, emerging practices, and regulatory developments, and provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of compensation programs and practices.
• Conducts ongoing job evaluations and market analysis to ensure jobs are appropriately banded and pay is aligned with the current market and Norfolk Southern’s compensation objectives
• Leads the quarterly reporting, estimates, and forecasting on annual incentives and other compensation programs for accounting expense accruals.
• Assists in the management, administration, and communication of annual and quarterly long-term incentive awards
• Participates in the planning, preparation, review, and execution of the annual merit salary increase
and annual incentive processes. Responds to inquiries and requests from and assists Human Resource Business Partners and merit planners during the merit process.
• Communicates and interprets merit increase policies, guidelines, timeline, and tools to Human Resources Business Partners to equip them to advise merit planners and executives on the merit increase planning process
• Leads the development of compensation analytics to ensure consistent assessment of the effectiveness of our broad-based compensation programs using Business intelligence reporting from our third-party vendors (SAP, Payfactors)
• Responsible for the maintenance of job codes created within SAP and sent to the compensation data management tool.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of employee communication materials related to compensation programs
• Leads the administration of the employee severance pay plan.
• Leads the administration of the employee reward & recognition program
• Supports development of reporting and materials for the Board’s Compensation Committee meetings
• Assists in the development of the compensation data and tables for the annual proxy statement
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Effective December 8, 2021, NS has paused its implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate given the dynamic legal proceedings. The ultimate outcome of the federal contractor vaccine mandate is yet to be determined. It is still possible that the mandate, as it applies to NS, could be upheld in court in the near future. If the mandate is upheld, NS employees will be required to be vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nscorp.com.