WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Senior Executive Compensation Analyst is a key member of the Total Rewards team, supporting the design, implementation, administration, and evaluation of executive compensation programs that are market competitive, informed by industry best practices and aligned with the Company’s business strategy. The role is responsible for supporting executive compensation initiatives including administration of the short-term incentive program, benchmarking executive roles, job evaluations, preparation of Compensation Committee meeting materials, and developing communications as well as providing consultative, planning, project management and analytical support for our businesses.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Support the design, development and administration of executive compensation programs that align with the Company’s business strategy and enhance the ability to attract, retain and motivate top talent
- Evaluate senior management positions, determine appropriate levels and collaborate with HR business partners on developing recommendations for executive compensation packages, promotional increases, pay adjustments, retention strategies, separations and compensation planning
- Partner with Finance on forecasting expense of current executive compensation program and cost implications of potential program changes
- Support the preparation of Compensation Committee meeting materials, including drafting, modeling, and conducting market assessments for executive leadership review
- Manage the company’s global short-term incentive program including planning, communications and preparation of forecasts, budgets and analytics
- In collaboration with Finance, prepare monthly and annual reports on short- and long-term incentive plans for on-going accruals, regulatory reporting requirements and annual budgeting process
- Perform executive compensation benchmarking analyses with focus on external competitiveness and internal equity
- Conduct analyses of executive compensation programs and provide recommendations to facilitate effective decision making, drive continuous improvement and align programs to best practices and drive the company’s strategy
- Assist with preparation of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis section of the Company’s proxy statement including the narrative disclosure and compensation tables
- Support administration of equity programs with planning, reporting, compliance, and communication
- Develop training materials and education programs for senior management on executive compensation programs, policies, and procedures
- Monitor emerging trends in executive compensation, staying current on legislation, proxy advisory firm policies, exchange requirements and governance best practices
- Coordinate data submission for annual and ad-hoc executive compensation surveys
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement plans and processes for streamlining and efficiency improvements related to executive compensation
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 3 years of compensation experience in a role of similar complexity and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Finance degree preferred.
- CCP or working towards certification is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, influencing, and team skills.
- Ability to explain complex programs and technical information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to “tell the story.”
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work in a changing environment with varied dynamics.
- Comfortable sharing thoughts in a team environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit westrock.csod.com.