Website McKinsey & Company
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Atlanta or New York office as part of the Compensation Intelligence & Advisory (CIA) team within the Global Compensation Function (GCF). This recently formed and rapidly growing group at McKinsey & Company shapes global compensation approaches for the firm and provides expertise on compensation design and delivery.
You will have the opportunity to engage on a range of initiatives supporting the advancement of the benchmarking and external insights service line. By keeping our pulse on the market and advising the other teams within GCF, the market compensation leaders around the world and function leaders, we will ensure alignment of pay for our roles to our targeted market positioning.
In this role, you will ensure that we have a pulse of market compensation across our talent profiles. You will build relationships with leading global compensation consulting firms in support of high-impact projects. You will be responsible for collaborating with talent management and HR colleagues to assess local compensation structures and determine whether ranges should be modified. You will take the lead in monitoring external market compensation trends so that our compensation practices are relevant to attract and retain top talent. You will develop incentive designs grounded with best practice approaches as well as assist in the annual year-end compensation decision-making process. You will also conduct planned and ad hoc analyses in support of high-level compensation initiatives for the firm’s compensation policy committee.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of human resources and compensation experience; external consulting experience is a plus
- Background in compensation and has supported external clients or internal compensation teams
- Experience working on projects such as pay philosophy review, benchmarking analyses, range development, job architecture, incentive design, performance management linkage to compensation, comp due diligence in M&A, comp committee materials prep, market pricing and proxy analyses
- Stellar analytical capability and Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to interact as a peer to firm partners
- Strong communication skills
COVID-19 vaccination mandate
Employment with McKinsey & Company, Inc. in the United States and Canada is conditioned on proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus (with a WHO-approved or Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable) or approval of an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief prior to start date.
To apply for this job please visit www.mckinsey.com.