Website Georgia Department of Transportation
HRM011, Human Resources Manager 2 (pay grade N)
Job Salary $95,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please refer to the following link to apply: https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/office-of-human-resources-hrm011-mgr-2-human-resources-pay-grade-n-classification-compensation-mgr-atlanta-ga-48045.
The job posting closes out Wednesday, January 17th.
Leads human resource management and/or human resource development activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources. Maintains functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, policy development, and regulatory compliance. Oversees the development and implementation of human resources policies. Directs subordinate supervisors and staff. Will manage large numbers of agency staff or have large scope of responsibility within agency.
Job Specific Duties: As the Department’s Classification and Compensation Manager, this position is responsible for leading, inspiring, and developing multiple teams of Human Resources professionals, specifically by managing and directing the work of the HR Analyst and Recruitment teams. Provides strategic direction and technical guidance to staff, offices and districts on HR best practices, policies, and methods; and effectively works with multiple HR teams to ensure goals and staffing metrics are accomplished. Effectively builds professional relationships with managers and leadership to fully understand the workforce needs of the department; including multiple labor market studies/research with justified recommendations to assist with setting competitive compensation specifically and/or across the board; successfully implement relevant internal and external partnerships. Manages compensation and staffing functions to ensure utilization of state resources in the most effective cost manner. Oversees the development, revision, and maintenance of comprehensive job descriptions. Provides recommendations and implements innovative solutions related to compensation, classification, competency assessment, and strategic staffing. Ensures GDOT’s classification and compensation programs comply with State of Georgia Personnel Board Rules.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include both State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field AND Four years of supervisory human resource experience.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
· Extensive demonstrated experience specifically in Classification and Compensation with emphasis on the collection of accurate labor market data and interpretation of the data
· Proficient with time management – i.e., multi-tasking – adherence to deadlines – accuracy
· Extensive demonstrated experience providing technical guidance regarding HR policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated experience with classification, compensation or staffing best practices and procedures.
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills in communicating effectively with management, co-workers, and diverse groups of people both internally and externally
· Demonstrated ability to translate business needs to effective staffing strategies
· Demonstrated ability to plan, distribute, and monitor work assignments
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills; identifies and analyzes problems; gathers, interprets, and evaluates information to determine its accuracy and relevance; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and recommend a solution
· Demonstrated competency to organize work and set priorities with the willingness to adapt to change and conform to shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated and results-oriented
· Committed to professional, quality customer service
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Extensive professional HR experience in State government for a mid to large-sized agency
· Current Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
· Member of a professional compensation organization
· Knowledge of the department’s organizational structure, and a familiarity with the inter-workings of various offices and districts
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant’s work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall performance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee’s favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, A SELECTED INTERNAL CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit careers.georgia.gov.